Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Broken Vessels

I love when old hymns like Amazing Grace are weaved into new songs. The first verse of this song reminds us that because of the great sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we are set free. The chains that bind us make us broken vessels, but because of HIS amazing grace He raises the broken back to life.

I want to be a vessel in which the world can see Jesus through me. Because of this, I have to offer up my heart and ask him for grace and mercy daily. I have to ask for forgiveness and seek His truth constantly. He takes our weaknesses and our failures and put His treasures in jars of clay because He loves us so much. Amazing grace how the sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.

Are you as thankful for this amazing gift as I am?

2 Timothy 2:21 says "Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work."


Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment