Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Just Be Held

I was driving to work this morning when this song came on the radio. I have heard it several times, but today there was one specific phrase that stood out to me.

"Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place." 

Romans 8:28 reminds us "God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves Him. They are the ones God has chosen for His purpose."

Wow, right? So often it seems like there are so many things going on day to day, it's hard to see the big picture of what God is doing in our lives. If you're anything like me, I tend to focus on each of the individual pieces that bring worry, stress, uncertainty, and then I lose focus of the big picture. Faith requires that we trust in Him and His plan even if we cannot see how it is all falling into place. We need to know that He is on the throne.

This means that we need to be patient waiting on His timeline not our own, trusting that He knows what is best for us, and prayerful believing that He hears us and is FOR us.

And then we need to step back, rest easy in His arms, and just be held while He weaves it all together into the beautiful masterpiece only He can create!!

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me and for knitting together an amazing masterpiece in my life. Even when there are times that I don't trust, You continue to prove faithful in bringing together all the pieces of my life as you promise. Thank you for holding me when it seems like it's all falling apart, and for reminding me that you are crafting the beautiful story of my life according to your plans. I can't wait to see what You have in store.  I love you, Lord. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment