Sunday, November 2, 2014

More of You...Less of Me

As I was driving home the other night after a really long day, a song came on the radio with a lyric that caught my attention. It made me stop and ponder the greatness of God and think about my real desire to get closer to Him. The lyric was this.. "Empty me of myself until the only thing that is left is MORE OF YOU AND LESS OF ME." 

So many times we find ourselves preoccupied with our own "stuff" that we lose sight of what God has in store for us. Decisions, thoughts, actions often become about the things of this world and are not focused on the promises made by the One True King...I don't know about you, but I want more of Him in my life in every way. 

Romans 5:8 says, "Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God’s action in them find that God’s Spirit is in them—living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn’t pleased at being ignored (The Message).

This once again reminds me we need to spend time in worship and in His word so that our eyes are always fixed on Him. Lord, increase in us! 



No comments:

Post a Comment