Thursday, March 12, 2015

Love

Mr. Parks read a devotion today about the importance of showing love in all that we do as teachers. There were many examples about the daily operation of a school and classroom, and we were reminded that if the foundation of all we say and do is not love, then we are nothing but the sound of a creaking gate. 

This reminded me of one of my favorite songs by King and Country called the Proof of Your Love. Here are the lyrics to the monologue found in the middle of the song:


If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. (1 Corinthians 13:1-7, The Message)


As I reflect on these words and the ideas shared in today's devotion, I am in awe at the amazing amount of love the Lord reveals to me every day, every hour, every minute.  He is ALIVE in us! And because of this, we are called to be His hands and feet. Everything we think, say, and do should reflect the power of the Holy Spirit and be rooted in love. Let us not forget: Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 






1 comment: